Back-End Developer (Mid-level/Senior)
We are looking for a driven and pragmatic builder with an attitude. You have experience in modern back end development and building high availability and performant services! Your mission will be to form a powerhouse within our product team to help customers understand the story and health of their wind turbines, power transformers and heavy machinery.
Why do we need you?
You’ll be working on a set of technologies that must break down complicated machine learning solutions and deliver crucial value-add insights to the user. We operate at scale - trillions of data points per day - providing always-on predictive models, alarms and metrics visualisations for some of the largest and most sophisticated customers in the global renewable energy space. There’s a huge opportunity to make an immense impact. You will be working together tightly with an experienced product lead, UI/UX designer and a solid engineering team to build a greenfield product suite that is already creating an impact on a global scale.
Electrical assets produce data jungles. Wind turbines, electrical grid infrastructure, and heavy-industry machinery are mission-critical to our customers' operations but very difficult to monitor. Jungle helps owners to get more out of their assets by illuminating asset performance, both now and in the future. Our technology leverages massive streams of data to understand what normal asset behaviour looks like, and to detect faults and underperformance. By extending lifetime, reducing downtime, and increasing yield, Jungle makes owning and operating assets cheaper, more reliable and more sustainable.
- Flexible schedule and location
- Unlimited holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks everyday
- Yoga classes and professional massages
- Modern work environment and peripherals
- Work on challenges that have a meaningful impact in the world
- Work with state-of-the-art (REAL state-of-the-art) technology
- Be part of a small (yet Schwifty) team that's making a big impact in the greentech space!
- Demonstrable experience in developing and deploying performant microservices in production.
- A firm understanding of the trade-offs to consider when designing the architecture behind public and private services that must scale large datasets in cloud-based systems and serve to RESTful APIs.
- Fluency in unit, integration, e2e, performance & load testing.
- Kubernetes, bash, nginx, redis, haproxy do not scare you.
- Git is your second language. You branch when a branch should branch, and merge when a merge should merge. You know that your team will one day need to understand the code purely from the git log --all --decorate --oneline --graph
- In code, your motto is DRY with a healthy twist of pragmatism ;)
- You Marie Kondo your project structure. Everything sparks joy and you fold code in such a way that it stands on its own.
- You are not afraid to take a cool part of something you did and share it with the world, write some swag words about it and see how it is used by others.
- You know and love a module called [insert-random-word].js and you think it can change the way we work.
- You're pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes.
- You are excited to work with us at the Jungle HQ in Lisbon.
- You are eligible to work in the European Union.