Data Scientist (Mid-level)
We're looking for a driven and pragmatic builder, who want to use their skills and experience to solve meaningful problems and build world-changing solutions. Whether it's developing a predictive maintenance solution for hundreds of wind turbines, or solving an industry-wide manufacturing defect for a steel manufacturer, you're comfortable to knock any challenge out of the park using a laptop, an LSTM, and a cup of coffee. As part of one of our data science teams, your mission will be to radically improve the way that our customers operate their electro-mechanical assets to improve their efficiency. You'll be exploring datasets, manipulating them, training models on them and pushing the models to production.
Why do we need you?
- We need people to help us develop new products. Carrying out exploratory data analyses, formulating machine learning cases or coming up with clever features during white-boarding sessions with your team. Training state-of-the-art models will be part of your week-to-week activities.
- We rapidly roll out existing products over different clients within an industry. You will speed up the process by automating the most time-consuming parts of these trajectories.
- We are building technology to remove as much manual work from our activities as possible. By contributing to our tools you will enable Jungle engineers to work more efficiently.
- As machine learning is becoming a common term, we need you to help the world dream about the possibilities of this technology whilst remaining humble, pragmatic, and down to earth.
Electrical assets produce data jungles. Wind turbines, electrical grid infrastructure, and heavy-industry machinery are mission-critical to our customers' operations but very difficult to monitor. Jungle helps owners to get more out of their assets by illuminating asset performance, both now and in the future. Our technology leverages massive streams of data to understand what normal asset behaviour looks like, and to detect faults and underperformance. By extending lifetime, reducing downtime, and increasing yield, Jungle makes owning and operating assets cheaper, more reliable and more sustainable.
Benefits of working with Jungle
- Flexible schedule and location
- Unlimited holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks everyday
- Regular yoga classes and professional massages
- Modern work environment and peripherals
- Work on challenges that have a meaningful impact in the world
- Work with state-of-the-art (REAL state-of-the-art) technology
- Be part of a small (yet Schwifty) team that's making a big impact in the greentech space!
- You have worked with machine learning in a professional setting for at least 2 years, or have equivalent experience.
- You have a MSc or PhD degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or related field, or you have equivalent experience.
- You have experience with the Python ML stack (e.g. Pandas, Dask, Scikit, Tensorflow/PyTorch).
- You can swiftly navigate large (time-series) datasets, manipulate them, and extract relevant information from them.
- [bonus] You have worked with sensor data in industrial applications.
- You are very curious and won't stop searching until you find the answer.
- You work meticulously. People around you don't feel the need to verify your work for quality.
- You're pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes.
- You know there is more to machine learning than deep learning.
- You are eligible to work in the European Union.