We're looking for a driven and pragmatic dev-ops engineer to help keep our Jungle look like a nicely groomed garden. Jungle is evolving rapidly and to support our 18 people engineering team, dev-ops need to be run top notch. Your mission will be to form a powerhouse with a senior dev-ops engineer and make all development and production systems run smoothly, scalable, and future-proof. The person we look for is highly-skilled and cares about the purpose and impact to which he/she lend their skills.
Why do we need you?
You’ll be working with/on a set of technologies that support our complex machine learning pipeline to deliver crucial value-add insights to our users and internal developers. We operate at high scale - billions of data points per day - providing always-on predictive models, alarms and metrics visualisations for some of the largest and most sophisticated customers in the global renewable energy space. Our current stack runs on Kubernetes on top of (currently) AWS, but we like to move around..! You’ll be working on our infrastructure directly with an experienced Dev-Ops Engineer. A taste of what you would be working on:
- Maintaining and improving our rapidly changing development cluster
- Managing our various data and metadata databases
- Setting up and monitoring distributed data connections to wind farms and factories all over the world
- Deploying new applications for speeding up and smoothing our data pipelines
Why work with us?
- Use your skills to have a meaningful impact in the world!
- Work with state-of-the-art (TRUE state-of-the-art) technology
- Flexible work schedule, holiday policy, and work location
- Daily fuel to keep you going; breakfast, lunch, fruits, and snacks
- Jungle takes care of you with our monthly massage programme and bi-weekly yoga classes
- Modern work environment, tools and peripherals
- Become part of a warm and skilled group of people, committed to each others success
- Regular team activities (incl. TGIF at the roof terrace)
- At least 3 years professional experience as a Linux sysadmin.
- At least 2 years professional experience with any major cloud platform.
- You have professional experience in database administration (backups, restores, access rights).
- You have experience working with Docker.
- Bonus: You have worked with Terraform and/or Kubernetes.
- Bonus: experience setting up VPNs such as IPsec and certificate best practices TLS/SSL
- You strike the right balance between being meticulous and being pragmatic.
- You’re eager to learn new technologies and expand your horizon.
- You have an opinion, you challenge ideas and have the ability to say no.
- Marie Kondo can learn a thing or two from you when it comes to keeping everything nice and tidy
- You have a love/hate relationship with YAML
- You get warm and fuzzy feelings from the word git