Internships and MSc Theses
We are a crazy ambitious group of engineers on a quest to build worlds most powerful prediction engine, starting off with the energy & utilities and heavy industry sectors. The engine allows us to rapidly develop software solutions that predict failures of mission-critical equipment weeks or months before they actually happen, or uncover underperformance of assets. All these endeavours help our customers make renewable energy a cheaper and more reliable alternative.
Jungle has a few positions open for internships and MSc graduate students all year round. At the moment, we accept applications in the following fields:
- Software Engineering, building and researching tools that make the lives of data scientists a breeze.
- State of the art techniques related to data science and ML.
A (non-exhaustive) list of challenges
- Overview, implementation and comparison of classification and regression loss functions
- Study on incremental Learning Strategies for Gradient Boosting Methods
- Development of transfer learning strategies for predictive maintenance applications
- IoT signal reconstruction from data distributions
- Benchmarking data storage solutions for computations at scale
What we offer you
- You'll be part of a team of data scientists
- You'll be part of the active development of our internal tools
- You'll deal with challenges that are part of our key daily activities
- You will be provided with real-world datasets and very advanced problems to tackle
- You will also have all hardware that is needed
What do our former interns say about us?
You will be learning every day, within a super cool environment surrounded by extraordinary people that are always available to help you. -Rodrigo
I recommend Jungle because you work on projects that matter, not just for Jungle, but also our environment. You are expected to take responsibility for your own work and learning but are supported whenever needed. -Frederik
During my 3 month (part-time) internship at Jungle I learned more than during a whole semester of my masters. -Telmo
Learning and growing in both technical and social perspectives has helped me grow as an individual with greater ambitions and objectives. -Pedro
We have made a list requirements, skills and traits that we feel would fit this job. Do you recognise yourself in the following person?
- Proficient in Python.
- Relevant prior experience with Machine Learning. Preference is given to applicants with practical experience (e.g. Kaggle, having run models in production, other ML-related internships).
- You work meticulously and pragmatism is your middle name.
- You know there is more to machine learning than deep learning.
- You are eligible to work in the European Union.
- The minimum duration of an internship is 3 months full time.
- The minimum duration of an MSc Thesis is 6 months full-time. Preference is given to students that already have a professor to supervise their thesis project.
If this job description brought a smile on your face and you can definitely see yourself working as a Data Scientist at Jungle, then we’d love to hear from you. If you have any questions on Jungle or this job posting, please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.