Lead Engineer Wind
We're looking for a visionary engineer -with strong roots in the wind energy sector- who wants to use his/her abilities to squeeze a better performance, higher uptime, and more energy out of existing turbines. As the Lead Engineer in the Wind team, you'll be responsible for setting the direction for applying and building out Jungle's technology and knowledge in the wind energy sector. You'll be leading a team of data scientists and working together closely with our Product Team to deliver the most accurate and relevant solutions to Jungle's customers. You'll be interfacing with the customers we serve and continuously be exploring new ways to do what we do better, faster, and more accurately. You have a clear vision and an opinion, you know how to lead a small team in a highly technical area. You're equally happy talking to customers, industry experts, and your own engineers and data scientists.
All-in-all, you live and breathe wind turbines and are committed to helping taking the wind O&M industry to the next level.
Why do we need you?
- Our current modelling technology and stack opens a wide range of possibilities for lateral applications. Through your knowledge of the industry, Jungle will be able to prioritise on which new research trajectories to start in the wind sector.
- Under Jungle's increasing traction in this sector, we're in need of a central lead of the wind team. You will be the face of Jungle's efforts in wind externally.
- We have a filled deployment schedule and need this to be centrally coordinated and managed. Gradual roll out over various fleets and portfolios, and ensuring the deployed solutions work well for our customers.
- As one of the next main challenges, we will be integrating our insights into our customers daily O&M cycles creating an end-to-end pipeline that spans from data to automatic work order systems.
An incomplete, non-exhaustive, and partial list of what you can expect at Jungle
- Leading the development of the current and next iteration of applications of Jungle's wind modelling technology
- Leading the deployment of our solutions with our wind customers
- Oversee the quality assurance and performance of our models in production
- Feed our product suite with new ideas of meaningful applications of Jungle's technology
- Lead and ease the adoption of our products in the O&M cycles of our customers
- Represent Jungle in wind conferences. Talk to the world about what we do.
- Bring domain knowledge to Jungle on O&M process in the wind energy sector
Why work with us?
- Use your skills to have a meaningful impact in the world!
- Work with state-of-the-art (TRUE state-of-the-art) technology
- Flexible work schedule, holiday policy, and work location
- Daily fuel to keep you going; breakfast, lunch, fruits, and snacks
- Jungle takes care of you with our monthly massage programme and bi-weekly yoga classes
- Modern work environment, tools and peripherals
- Become part of a warm and skilled group of people, committed to each others success
- Regular team activities (incl. TGIF at the roof terrace)
- You're comfortable working with SCADA data; you can effectively manipulate it and you can extract useful metrics from it. You're curious what will happen if you add a team of experienced data scientists to that mix.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in wind turbine research and/or engineering, with a focus in operations and maintenance.
- You possess well-developed soft skills, and are comfortable talking about in-depth matter with customers and industry experts.
- You are a thought leader in the wind sector; you actively push your vision to the public, you know people everywhere in the sector, and to you the WindEurope conference feels more like a reunion than a conference.
- MSc or PhD degree in electrical engineering, renewable energy engineering, or equivalent experience.
- [bonus] You have experience leading small teams (2-5 people) in engineering or research areas.
- [bonus] Affinity with Python and data processing in Python
- You are curious and won't stop searching until you find the answer.
- You work meticulously. People around you trust your work results, and rightly so.
- You're pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes.